Does this ever happen with you that you meet someone really interesting, spark with them (girl or guy) and then wish they like to do the same things you do when no one’s watching? It happened with me recently, I met this really great gal, she and I just clicked on levels that I didn’t know I could reach with another human, it was great. And I couldn’t keep myself from asking her, if she enjoys chocolate cakeandmore. Because, God knows how much I do. That’s my guilty pleasure. And guess what? She did! You must be wondering why are you reading about this on a chocolate cake blog, but wait for it…
She told me she had been looking for recipes to come up with a perfect Chocolate Cakeandmore. For over 3 months, she had been experimenting with the ingredients and she had finally settled on what works best to make a perfect chocolate cakeandmore. I couldn’t wait to try it and she couldn’t hold back from sharing (too kind, I must say). And after my first big bite into this cakeandmore, I asked myself if this is the best chocolate cakeandmore I had eaten so far. YES. It was undoubtedly the perfect chocolate cake, I’d had. It felt like I found my soulmate in her, after every bite of this cake. Trust me you ladies and nice guys looking for the perfect chocolate cakeandmore recipe, you want this cake in your life. Because that’s what I did and now I’m here sharing it with you’ll (my soulmate knows it’s being shared ;P)
For all those blue days, cranky bays, painful rules and dull pulls, you just need a nice big slice of this decadent marvel and you’d be good to go. Alright, enuf said!
Here’s the recipe and steps to make the most delicious and moist three layered chocolate cakeandmore, of all times:
- First preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Second we butter a 9 inch pan. Put some soften butter on a paper towel and spread evenly on the bottom and sides of the pan. Make sure you get all the sides and edges, you don’t want this cake to stick.
- Pour some, all purpose flour or cocoa powder. But since this is our ultimate chocolate cakeandmore, I’d suggest you go with cocoa powder. Sprinkle it in and shake the pan back and forth until it’s evenly spread out. Don’t forget to get the edges and tap the excess powder out.
- Repeat the same in the other two pans, for the other two layers since this is going to be a three layer cake. Making it all at once and then cutting three layers out won’t go justice to this cakeandmore. So I’d suggest we bake all three layers separately.
- Next, we put together a batter: In a large mixing bowl combine – 3 cups of flour, 3 cups of sugar, 1.5 cups of cocoa powder, 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder, 1.5 teaspoons of salt.
- Add all the wet ingredients: Pour in 4 eggs, 1.5 cups of buttermilk, 1.5 cups of hot water, 0.5 cup of vegetable oil, and mix it all together with a hand mixer or whisk. You don’t want to over mix this, we are just looking to combine all the ingredients and make sure there isn’t any flour or cocoa powder left on the sides or in lumps.
- Now divide the batter in three pans. The easiest way to do this is with a measuring cup. It take about 3 cups of the batter in each pan to fill evenly.
- Bake these at 350 degree for 30 to 35 mins. Make sure you place this in the center of the oven to bake well.
- Bring them out of the oven once they are baked. Allow them to cool for 10 mins before taking them out of the pan. While you wait for the cakes to cool completely, you can go ahead and make your frosting.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting: Now this where all the cream to your cake lies.
- Start with 225 grams of cream cheese in a bowl along with 1.5 cups of soften butter. Use a hand mixed to whip it together. Once it’s light and fluffy, add 1.5 cups of cocoa powder, a couple spoons of milk and mix it together. The amount of milk you want to add can vary, so just eyeball it. Next, we need 8 cups of sugar total, but add it one cup at a time and mix. In the end, it should look like a smooth fluffy frosting.
- Now that our cakesandmore are cool, we can put it all together with the frosting. Take the first cake and layer it up with the frosting evenly, repeat the same for the other two layers. Once all the three layers are piled together, get the frosting spread smoothly from all sides.
Note: The quality of cocoa powder you use for the batter and frosting really matters. Go for the highest quality you can find.
There you have it, the most decadent and divine chocolate cakeandmore. Go on now, put on those fat pants and enjoy my soulmate’s recipe. Don’t forget to leave a comment below with your experience in making it. We’d love to hear if you also think this cake tastes as delicious as it sounds.